A completely biodegradable impregnation that is inspired by nature’s own chemistry.
OrganoTex® textile impregnations are developed by the Swedish environmental technology company OrganoClick.
The technology is based on many years of natural chemical research in biomimetics, where the water-repellent properties of leafy plants have been imitated.
With the technology, a 3d network of water-repellent organic polymers is formed, which via our technology binds to and protects the textile’s fibers in depth.
When the fibers have been treated, dried and then raised, the water and dirt repellence itself is created.
This unique technique means that the structure, color and vapor permeability of the garment/textile is maintained, as no “film” is created as in many other water-repellent textile techniques.
The product is also a very good choice for our environment as it is:
• Rapidly biodegradable according to OECD 301A (within 7 days)
• Water-based and solvent-free (VOC)
• Free from fluorocarbons (PFCs and PFAS), isocyanates, formaldehyde and cyclic siloxanes (D4, D5, D6) – (substances that are endocrine-disrupting or carcinogenic and often used in textile chemistry).
• Classified as not environmentally hazardous or toxic according to the CLP regulation.
• Developed and manufactured according to ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 in Sweden by OrganoClick AB.
6 in stock
OrganoClick is a Swedish environmental technology company that develops, produces and markets functional material technologies based on nature-inspired fiber chemistry and has developed, among other things, OrganoTex.
OrganoClick’s patented and award-winning technology for modifying textile fibers is completely free of problematic perfluorinated substances (PFAS), cyclic siloxanes or isocyanates that are often used in today’s textile impregnations.
Several of these substances are suspected of being carcinogenic and endocrine disruptors and are extremely long-lived in nature.
OrganoClick also markets technologies for functional wood, industrial textiles and the biocomposite OrganoComp®.
The company was founded in 2006, based on research at Stockholm University and SLU in Uppsala, and has since won several awards for its strong growth and its environmental chemical techniques. Examples are e.g. WWF “Climate Solver” and listed globally as a Sustainia100 company.
DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish
Most textiles for outdoor use are industrially treated with a water-repellent finish, which in the Sports and Outdoor industry is often referred to as a DWR (Durable Water Repellent).
However, a DWR is washed out afterwards and in order for the garment’s function to be maintained, the outer fabric needs to be re-impregnated.
If the outer fabric gets wet, it prevents the body vapor from being vented out through the material and you can feel wet and cold even though the jacket or trousers do not leak water.
It is therefore important to regularly re-impregnate your functional clothing and outdoor textiles that you want to keep dry and functional.
Why a PFC-free (fluorocarbon-free) impregnation?
Since the 1950s, textile impregnations have contained fluorocarbons such as PFOA (C8).
The problem with these is that they have been shown to have endocrine-disrupting properties and do not break down in nature.
OrganoClick has therefore developed OrganoTex®, a fluorocarbon-free and also quickly biodegradable textile impregnation for the textile industry and for consumers.
PRODUKTBLAD SPRAY-ON 500 ml
OrganoTex® Spray-On textile waterproofing is a universal impregnation that can be used on most textiles where you want to improve the water and dirt-repellent function. The product recreates the water-repellent ability of the textile while maintaining the textile’s color, structure and vapor permeability, which is important for all types of functional garments.
Waterproof functional garments (with all types of waterproof membranes), other outer garments, down products, hiking trousers, windbreakers, tents, sleeping bags, rucksacks, textile shoes and other outdoor textiles such as outdoor cushions, parasols etc.
Can be used on:
Polyester, polyamide, soft-shell, wool, fleece, cotton, canvas, acrylic and various mixtures.
The best effect is achieved on synthetic materials, such as polyamide and polyester.
How to use:
1) wash the textile/garment (without fabric softener) and make sure the material is completely dry.
2) protect the work surface, shake the bottle and spray the garment/textile from a distance of 20 cm and ensure that the entire material is evenly moistened.
3) wait 1 min and spray again and distribute the liquid evenly with a cloth (protective gloves are recommended as the product has a rather low PH).
4) wipe off excess liquid with a cloth or sponge, taking care not to leave any drops behind, as this may stain the fabric. It is important not to overdose.
5) dry the textile in a tumble dryer or drying cabinet (40-70 degrees) for the best effect (if washing instructions allow), but it is also possible to let the product dry on its own for at least 24-48 hours.
When treating previously DWR* treated garments, tumble dryer or drying cabinet is strongly recommended.
The heat is required for the fibers to split and rise properly, which contributes to the water-repellent function.
*) DWR= Durable Water Repellent, water-repellent finish/impregnation that is industrially applied to the outer fabric.
Consumption: enough for approx. 5–6 garments, or 10–12 square meters depending on how absorbent the fabric is.
Volume: 500 ml
Bottle and Spray nozzle: The bottle is in recyclable plastic (PET) and the spray nozzle in 100% recyclable plastic (sorted as plastic)
Shelf life: 24 months (even after opening the package if the package is sealed after use). The product cannot be frozen!
The product is recommended to be kept out of the reach of children!
Read more here: http://organotex.com/